Freedom is an illusion and in today world of globalisation is becoming more and more an illusion. We are not living in a free world, the oppressor is just not so visible, may not be wearing an uniform and his guns are hidden. Let`s make this and many other “blogs” the last possible “freedom posts”.But remember... Everything is Maya. ITALIAN VERSION ON.. http://ilcazzabubolo.blogspot.com

Sunday, December 04, 2005

THE SKY ROAD HOME



As I comfortably sit in a large Business Class seat on board of flight TG 320 I am heading home.
I am thinking back and reflecting about my short but surely beautiful stay in Nepal.

I liked it a lot, I did appreciate so much being back in Nepal after such a long time.
I really did like the place, its gorgeous mountains, its wonderful and beautiful children and its people kindness.
I saw a lot of armed forces around, lot of check posts but no trouble and at the same time, probably, many hidden Maoist saw me around.
This situation is very bad for the people who are, once again, the real losers.
Pokhara is a wonderful place, but its restaurants and hotels are depressingly empty.
Many tourists scared by media reports (who as usual I suspect did blow things out of proportion) are deserting the place.
Tourism is not a solution for real development since it has lot of harmful side effects, but nevertheless those people and many other here were living (rather well) thanks to it, but for the moment all is finished and they really struggle and suffer.
And the thoughts that the fighting parties are doing it for “the people” shall not be of any great consolation to them.

Apart falling in love with the whole Himalayan range, two moments are the landmark of this visit,

First moment: I just arrived in Techo, where we are starting our new project when, and while I was wandering around the playground full of shouting children, one sweet and beautiful small girl smiled and ran towards me saying “Hallo, what is your name? My name is Subarna Mali” another one followed and she said “And me I am Deepika Mali”.
I answered them, they smiled again while trying to repeat my name and then they went on playing Badminton.
A short, simple but sweet moment that will remain in my memory for a long time.

The other happened just yesterday evening, after I came back to Kathmandu from Pokhara.
My Buddha Air plane once again performed its duty and I landed at the domestic airport.
Walking down the road to the airport exit where all taxis were waiting I did notice so many brass pots along each side of the road in perfect line, with food on top of them.
They were for the King who was returning from a business trip in Africa.
Down, where the airport road meets the main one, army, police and mostly school children with Nepali flag.
I`ve been told that they have been forced by government forces to attend and wave at the King, otherwise funds will be cut for the whole school, same for the adults on the streets. It seems they were mainly government employees and they would have lost their jobs if they did not welcome the King.
People have been brought by buses from the country side, offered money just to make number and wave the national flag.
I could not believe it, as me and my friends were walking in the streets full of police, army and the people who have been compelled to be there.
What is this? It may have been probably the mostly absurd abuse of power that I have ever personally witnessed.

Forget writing about the way the King came to power, just after having wiped away the former King`s family (incidentally his brother) as every one here knows but, of course, nobody is allowed to talk about it. This story would make an excellent Hollywood movie script, but unfortunately is reality for the Nepalese people.
The Maoists are against the King who has curbed every kind of freedom, how can I blame them?
I was looking to the sky above me, I saw once again the wonderful Himalayan range, it was nearly sunset and the sun rays were giving it a wonderful reddish colour.
Under them man is still self destructing, hungry for money and power. What a pity.

I liked Nepal and I will come again for sure, beautiful, inspiring and very interesting.
Good place for the soul, the mind and the brain too.

Now I will be back home, in Thailand where we have a King who is really good, who is really extremely loved by the people and who really cares for his people.
The problem in Siam is another though, is the Prime Minister and his “strange” way to run the country.
There are no high ranges there, but wonderful beaches … and over them man is still self destructing, hungry for money and power. What a pity.



I had many good moments here, but the funniest has been once again courtesy of the U.S. Government, when I read that it has expressed its concerns and worries about the lack of human rights and freedom in Nepal.
Why the fuck can`t they just look at their own rotten yard?
Have they never heard of Guantamano?
Have they never visited their ghettos?
Have they already forgotten New Orleans?
Why them fuckers are not able to mind their own business?
Can`t they understand the world does not need them and their opinion?

And may someone please tell me why Americans voted for the dumbest, most dangerous and wicked president possible?

This is really THE GREATEST UNANSWERED QUESTION IN THE HISORY OF MANKIND.

Anyway, PEACE AND LOVE.

Flight Kathmandu – Bangkok, December 3rd, 2548

C – COPYRIGHT / Claudio Romano