Freedom is an illusion and in today world of globalisation is becoming more and more an illusion. We are not living in a free world, the oppressor is just not so visible, may not be wearing an uniform and his guns are hidden. Let`s make this and many other “blogs” the last possible “freedom posts”.But remember... Everything is Maya. ITALIAN VERSION ON.. http://ilcazzabubolo.blogspot.com

Friday, December 30, 2005

SAILING ABOVE CLOUDS


In the last month I have visited 4 different countries (5 if I include Issarn which is sometimes a nation by itself, as it is so much different than the rest of Thailand) and flown over two continents.
I’ve lost count of the many miles I’ve been travelling by air, train or car.

This reminds me of when I was a boy (and this means centuries ago) and how I’ve always liked to listen to Celtic folk music, surely too many groups to mention but anyway I would like to remember the wonderful Silly Wizard, De Dannann, The Pogues, Runrig, Christy Moore among others.

Always I’ve been fascinated by their immigrations songs, mostly tales of sailors and fishermen leaving their shores to go in new places in search of fortune, a new life and new opportunities.
The pain of parting from their dear ones, the adventurous journey and the usually sad and beautiful melodies were really catching my heart and soul. Please try to listen to Silly Wizard’s “Sweet Dublin Bay”, “Loch Tay Boat Song”, “Fhear a Bhata” or “Fisherman’song” to have a brilliant example.

Now while I am on board of flight TG 971 which brings me back to Thailand for the umpteenth time it just strikes my mind how my life has become similar to those songs and their lyrics.
How I can feel the same pain of parting from the loved ones and the joy of a reunion with some other beloved one, the tiredness and the possible dangers of this life.

The big difference is that I am not on board of a ship which floats above the ocean’s waves but I am on an airship dancing, and sometimes shaking, above clouds.

Did I become like those heartbroken heroes of such age old songs?
Am I a sailor above clouds?
Working in 4 different countries (Thailand, Switzerland, India and Nepal), living in Thailand and having my very, very dear ones in Switzerland make me an emigrant “sailor above clouds”?

Surely, I am but not a heartbroken one, in fact is the contrary as in the process I made some people heartbroken, and this will be my biggest regret.
But now I really think I was made for this kind of life, I was simply born for that.

I am like a tree with no roots and at the same time with so many wonderful flowers on my branches.
I have no home but at the same time many homes.
I have many people to love and I hope someone may love me back.
I have no other certainty that life is impermanent, to open my eyes every morning and to feel alive and be aware that the same day may well be my last one on earth.

And during my recent stay Switzerland I clearly discovered that I surely do not belong there anymore even though is my country of birth, but at the same time I can tell that for certain I do not belong to Thailand yet, even though I like very much to live here.
I do not belong anywhere, is this sad or this means I am lucky and free?
Is this meaning I have no other attachments than the people I love?
How is possible that I do not have any sense of belonging anywhere?
Am I such an individualistic person or an enlightened one (sorry for me but I bet is the first option)?

Will my life ever change?
I doubt, I will probably never be able to stop in any place for a long time.

Am I a natural born rambler?
It may well be.

Is this a way to escape from something or someone?
No, it did it so often and for so long in the past but when finally I acknowledged and accepted my nature I suddenly stopped escaping from things and in this process I came to accept finally my many, too many flaws and my blatant imperfections.

I came to accept my dark side and my grey side that for years I refused to acknowledge, I just wanted to have one bright and white side, the good side. I always wanted to be the good knight in a shining white armour but finally I accepted I am not and I will never be.

And now I also know that there is no good, there is no bad, we go through things in our life, through experiences that are moulding us in a way we may never have expected.

This is way I am now, with my grey and dark sides, life’s experiences helped me to discover and, most important, accepting them.

Yes, I am a sailor above clouds with all my human flaws possible, I hope not to break more hearts again but mine will never be broken as I have too many people to love and to care about.

PEACE AND LOVE.

Bangkok, 29th of December 2548

C – COPYRIGHT / Claudio Romano

3 Comments:

Blogger oakleyses said...

mcm handbags, iphone 6 cases, mac cosmetics, wedding dresses, louboutin, celine handbags, mont blanc, nfl jerseys, abercrombie and fitch, insanity workout, new balance, iphone 6s plus cases, soccer shoes, birkin bag, valentino shoes, oakley, longchamp, ralph lauren, iphone cases, north face outlet, lululemon, ghd, iphone 6 plus cases, iphone 5s cases, nike air max, iphone 6s cases, ipad cases, herve leger, chi flat iron, baseball bats, instyler, soccer jerseys, bottega veneta, babyliss, nike huarache, ferragamo shoes, vans shoes, jimmy choo shoes, s5 cases, giuseppe zanotti, nike roshe, timberland boots, reebok shoes, asics running shoes, hollister, p90x workout, north face outlet, nike trainers, hollister, beats by dre

4:01 PM, November 05, 2015

 
Blogger oakleyses said...

moncler, ugg pas cher, moncler, thomas sabo, canada goose outlet, toms shoes, doke gabbana outlet, ray ban, juicy couture outlet, canada goose, pandora charms, louis vuitton, gucci, montre pas cher, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, ugg boots uk, coach outlet, doudoune canada goose, moncler, barbour jackets, juicy couture outlet, nike air max, louis vuitton, michael kors outlet online, converse, converse outlet, canada goose, replica watches, moncler, hollister, hollister, moncler, pandora jewelry, moncler outlet, swarovski, michael kors handbags, pandora jewelry, barbour, moncler, vans, louis vuitton, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, lancel, moncler, marc jacobs, wedding dresses, links of london, louis vuitton, sac louis vuitton pas cher, supra shoes

4:09 PM, November 05, 2015

 
Blogger 柯云 said...

2015-12-22keyun
coach outlet store
louis vuitton outlet
louis vuitton handbags
oakley sunglasses
louis vuitton outlet
hollister kids
ray-ban sunglasses
hollister uk
ray-ban sunglasses
cheap uggs sale
michael kors outlet online
lebron james basketball shoes
pandora jewelry
abercrombie & fitch
longchamp handbags
louis vuitton
ugg outlet
ugg boots
ray ban sunglasses
louis vuitton handbags
abercrombie outlet
true religion
air max 90
air max 95
oakley outlet
canada goose
canada goose outlet store
michael kors outlet
giuseppe zanotti outlet
louis vuitton outlet
mulberry uk
cheap air jordans
nike air huarache
cheap oakleys
hollister clothing
oakley sunglasses sale
louis vuitton bags
uggs australia
ugg boots clearance
chanel bags

8:37 AM, December 22, 2015

 

Post a Comment

<< Home