Freedom is an illusion and in today world of globalisation is becoming more and more an illusion. We are not living in a free world, the oppressor is just not so visible, may not be wearing an uniform and his guns are hidden. Let`s make this and many other “blogs” the last possible “freedom posts”.But remember... Everything is Maya. ITALIAN VERSION ON.. http://ilcazzabubolo.blogspot.com

Thursday, January 12, 2006

CELTIC, WHAT'S THE FECK!




IN THE WAKE OF ANOTHER PAINFUL AND UNBELIEVABLE DEFEAT (THIS TIME WE LOST 2-1 TO CLYDE IN THE SCOTTISH CUP) I WISH TO PUBLISH WHAT I DID WRITE IN OCCASION OF AN EVEN MORE PAINFUL DEAFEAT… CELTIC FANS KNOW WHAT I MEAN!
CELTIC: WHAT THE FECK!


SUNDAY May 21st, 2548.

Last game of the Scottish Premiership season.
Celtic, "my" Celtic is about to play his last game, a wee win against Motherwell would be enough to secure another championship title.
One simple win at Fir Park, home of a modest team that sit at mid table and we are champions again, yes once again.
Desperately I’m trying to connect my old laptop to internet in order to follow the game on line. After many failed tries I finally succeed.

The game is already started and we are 1-0 up, Chris Sutton scored and our hated enemies, the “unmentionables”, are still 0-0, this means we have now 4 points advantage and ... we are champions.
Middle of the second half, always 1-0 but Mordor’s Orcs scored, we still have 2 points advantage. The internet line is awful, I got disconnected several times but I still manage to follow the game. A second goal would surely ease my tension but we seem to waste so many opportunities up front.

Five minutes to go, both the games are 1-0, but I’m really getting more and more nervous, I fear that we may pay the price of so many wasted chances.... and at the 88th minute, here is the equaliser! F”*%!
I shout, I curse, my wife watches me like if she is unable to recognize her husband anymore! Two minutes later, with the head between my hands, I take another other look at the screen and we are 1-2 down, those "bastards" of Motherwell have scored two goals in the span of two minutes, Mordor’s Orcs won 1-0 and we have lost the championship, f”£*!

I feel bad, so bad, I feel so bad on Saturday evening, and I feel even worse on Sunday. I remain silent all day, no words, just a wee murmur sometimes, nothing else and nothing more.
My wife, poor lady, she does not understand and I cannot expect that she will, but she knows that I suffer for one "stupid" football game and, remarkably enough, she do very much respect my pain.
As time goes by the anger makes room for the sadness and this gives time to
think and to reflect and… I wonder:

HOW COME WE HUMANS CAN GET BOASTED OR PULLED DOWN DEPENDING ON A SPORT RESULT?
WHY WE DO WASTE SOME OF OUR PRECIOUS ENERGIES IN SUCH AN IRRATIONAL WAY?

What make it happen that thousand miles from Glasgow, one Swiss living in Thailand can get deeply depressed because of one Celtic’s defeat?
And at the same time one expatriate receives a SMS from very good friend from Verona, Italy that transmits as much desperation?

Without mentioning the message that I did receive from my dear friend David who, poor guy, lives in Glasgow!
I wonder what makes so strong the pain of defeat?
Is the fact that to our defeat gave the Championship away to our most hated rivals, “the unmentionables”.?
I can surely assert that if we had lost the championship in favour of, let’s say, Hibernian the pain wouldn’t have been so deep and severe.
It surely is he knowledge that our defeat means joy for the "Mordor’s Orcs” that makes our pain much more deep and intense.
This inspite of fair play and sportsmanship.
Are we all potential Hooligans?
Is stronger the love for our team or the hate for our rivals?

And what is the need we have to drive ourselves crazy for a football,
hockey, basket or baseball team?
Isn’t our life already filled with too many worries, stress and pain?
Then why make it even more stressful and complicate with these irrational passions?
What did practically change in my life after May 21st? Nothing at all!
What would have changed if in that same fateful day Celtic had won?
Nothing at all!
Then why I felt so bad and down?
What brings me to support a football team?

Surely, sport in general has always been used by those in power to bring the masses into submission, to promote their own agenda and raise their own rating, and unfortunately many of this governments were and are dictatorial ones.
Sport is surely used to please the sleeping and unaware masses, to hide from them the real existential problems.
Sport derails the anger of people towards a mistaken direction, where it brings no real change and is therefore extremely useful to whose are in power!
But myself, a Swiss from Thailand, why I do have Celtic so much in my
heart? I surely cannot blame any government for this!
Why in my body flows green and white blood?
We, the fans, use to say that this isn’t just a football club, that
we are one great family, Celtic is nothing less than a faith but this enough to explain it all?

The days are passing by, the pain slowly disappear leaving just traces of bitterness but another game is approaching, the Scottish Cup Final.
May 28th, Saturday I will once again try to connect my laptop and follow my Celtic.
In the meantime another thought surfaces my mind.
Isn’t sport also a metaphor of the life?
I think about the Motherwell game, so many wasted chances and then, finally and unfortunately, unavoidable the defeat.
And I wonder how many chances in our life we do waste to do and say
the simplest of things?
To say to our beloved one that we love her/him, to say and daily show such feeling.
How many chances do we waste to embrace and to kiss our kids, our parents, our siblings, our friends and also our enemies?
How many chances do we waste to make peace with ourselves and the others as well?
How many chances do we waste to say sorry to the ones we know to have hurt?
I do believe that we really lose many of these wonderful opportunities to win or at least draw in the match of our life, maybe because we think we are too much busy with our businesses or our pride to realise that there is something more important and vital than that!
The dramatic side of the story is that, contrary to Celtic that always has a next game in which he can try to make up for the disappointment, we, in
our life, not always have this possibility. Better we never forget that!
Saturday, 28th of May 2548:
An Alan Thompson’s goal gives Celtic the Scottish Cup, we beat Dundee United 1-0 and I am very happy.
This has been also the last game in charge for Martin O’Neill, the manager who quickly became a legend for all of us Celtic fans. MoN decided to leave the job to assist his seriously ill wife.
I wish, with all my heart, all the best to both of them.
Another metaphor of the life, the abandonment sense that has hit all us supporters, the refusal of some of us for the new manager who is only guilty of following Martin in being the Celtic manager.
Denial, not acceptance, refusal of any change how many times have we faced those feelings in our existence? Sport metaphor of the life?
In any case all my best wishes to Martin and from the bottom of my heart many thanks for all the triumphs you have given us!
And welcome to Gordon, hoping that you will add more trophies to our glorious club. Good luck!

BAN NAUDOM, North Eastern Thailand, May 29th, 2548

Please visit www.dannyboy.ch

C / Copyright / Claudio Romano 2005

2 Comments:

Blogger oakleyses said...

burberry, michael kors outlet, michael kors, oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, kate spade outlet, ray ban sunglasses, nike free, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton outlet, louboutin outlet, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton outlet, nike outlet, longchamp outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, louis vuitton, ugg boots, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton, oakley sunglasses, ugg boots, oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, nike air max, tory burch outlet, michael kors outlet, burberry outlet online, michael kors outlet, louboutin shoes, longchamp outlet, prada outlet, christian louboutin outlet, nike air max, chanel handbags, louis vuitton, tiffany jewelry, tiffany and co, ugg boots, louboutin, prada handbags, ugg boots, jordan shoes, gucci outlet, replica watches, longchamp

3:46 PM, November 05, 2015

 
Blogger oakleyses said...

moncler, ugg pas cher, moncler, thomas sabo, canada goose outlet, toms shoes, doke gabbana outlet, ray ban, juicy couture outlet, canada goose, pandora charms, louis vuitton, gucci, montre pas cher, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, ugg boots uk, coach outlet, doudoune canada goose, moncler, barbour jackets, juicy couture outlet, nike air max, louis vuitton, michael kors outlet online, converse, converse outlet, canada goose, replica watches, moncler, hollister, hollister, moncler, pandora jewelry, moncler outlet, swarovski, michael kors handbags, pandora jewelry, barbour, moncler, vans, louis vuitton, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, lancel, moncler, marc jacobs, wedding dresses, links of london, louis vuitton, sac louis vuitton pas cher, supra shoes

4:11 PM, November 05, 2015

 

Post a Comment

<< Home