Freedom is an illusion and in today world of globalisation is becoming more and more an illusion. We are not living in a free world, the oppressor is just not so visible, may not be wearing an uniform and his guns are hidden. Let`s make this and many other “blogs” the last possible “freedom posts”.But remember... Everything is Maya. ITALIAN VERSION ON.. http://ilcazzabubolo.blogspot.com

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD



Is there any better way to start the New Year than having a peaceful bicycle ride through Surin’s countryside roads?
Not for me, at least.

On the afternoon of January 1st, I found myself surrounded by the dried rice fields and their total silence.
The only visible living beings were few cows, some bullocks and some beautiful white feathered birds.
The sky was as blue as it can be only decorated by some white clouds that sometimes were hiding the shining sun.
I was slowly riding my bike, looking around me when an old and beautiful song started playing in my mind, it was like I could listen to Mr. Armstrong’s voice singing: “...what a wonderful world”.
Yes is still a wonderful world to live in, no matter that a minority of human beings are trying their evil best to destroy it, this remains such a wonderful world.

And as I was approaching my village I heard some noises, some music still coming out from a New Year’s Party loudspeaker and some children laughing and shouting.
I looked at my right and I saw few kids diving, jumping and swimming in a small pond having lot of fun… and once again I told to myself “… what a wonderful world”.

All this just reminded me that life is basically a simple and wonderful thing, even with all its struggles, pain and grief, and I felt lucky to be still part of it… and while thinking about this another questions popped up my mind…”Who actually needs Siam Paragorn, a Platinium Fashion Mall and always much more extreme consumerism?”
Not me, at least.

For this old Khun Phu a really nice and quiet way to start another year.

Ban Naudom, January 1st, 2549

C – COPYRIGHT / Claudio Romano

2 Comments:

Blogger oakleyses said...

mcm handbags, iphone 6 cases, mac cosmetics, wedding dresses, louboutin, celine handbags, mont blanc, nfl jerseys, abercrombie and fitch, insanity workout, new balance, iphone 6s plus cases, soccer shoes, birkin bag, valentino shoes, oakley, longchamp, ralph lauren, iphone cases, north face outlet, lululemon, ghd, iphone 6 plus cases, iphone 5s cases, nike air max, iphone 6s cases, ipad cases, herve leger, chi flat iron, baseball bats, instyler, soccer jerseys, bottega veneta, babyliss, nike huarache, ferragamo shoes, vans shoes, jimmy choo shoes, s5 cases, giuseppe zanotti, nike roshe, timberland boots, reebok shoes, asics running shoes, hollister, p90x workout, north face outlet, nike trainers, hollister, beats by dre

4:03 PM, November 05, 2015

 
Blogger oakleyses said...

moncler, ugg pas cher, moncler, thomas sabo, canada goose outlet, toms shoes, doke gabbana outlet, ray ban, juicy couture outlet, canada goose, pandora charms, louis vuitton, gucci, montre pas cher, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, ugg boots uk, coach outlet, doudoune canada goose, moncler, barbour jackets, juicy couture outlet, nike air max, louis vuitton, michael kors outlet online, converse, converse outlet, canada goose, replica watches, moncler, hollister, hollister, moncler, pandora jewelry, moncler outlet, swarovski, michael kors handbags, pandora jewelry, barbour, moncler, vans, louis vuitton, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, lancel, moncler, marc jacobs, wedding dresses, links of london, louis vuitton, sac louis vuitton pas cher, supra shoes

4:11 PM, November 05, 2015

 

Post a Comment

<< Home